Red Bend Software Posts Best Quarterly Results in Company History
Mobile Software Management Leader Achieves Significant Growth in All Regions in Q2 2011
Red Bend Software, the market leader in Mobile Software Management (MSM) with more than 1 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, today announced the best quarterly performance in company history in the second quarter of 2011. The company’s vRapid Mobile® firmware over-the-air (FOTA) updating solution, vDirect Mobile® device management software, and VLX™ Type 1 hypervisor for mobile virtualization software products were embedded in 90 million mobile phones, tablets and other connected devices in Q2, establishing new milestones in shipments and revenues. Red Bend’s software has now shipped in 1.179 billion mobile devices.
“These record-setting results reflect the strength of our business across all regions in all segments of the mobile industry as well as in new markets such as automotive, telematics and connected devices,” said Red Bend CEO Yoram Salinger. “To meet this demand, we are adding new technical and account management talent globally, because the trust and confidence our customers have in our people as well as our products is the key to Red Bend’s growth.”
- Enabled customers to provide millions of consumers with over-the-air software updates containing the latest features and improvements for their smart devices, including:
- Fujitsu F-01C smartphone
- LG L-01B smartphone
- Samsung Fascinate smartphone
- Sharp SH-06C smartphone
- 80 new Red Bend-Enabled device models shipped, raising the total to 885. Devices featuring Red Bend’s Mobile Software Management solutions include:
- Fujitsu F-09C smartphone
- LG L-06C Optimus Pad tablet
- NEC N-06C MEDIAS WP smartphone
- Panasonic P-04C smartphone
- Samsung SPH-M820 Prevail smartphone
- SEMC Xperia PLAY smartphone
- Sierra Wireless AC802S AirCard mobile hotspot
- Added two new customers: a leading smartphone and tablet manufacturer, and an innovative mobile device manufacturer.
About Red Bend Software
Red Bend® Software, the leader in Mobile Software Management (MSM) with more than 1 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, makes mobile devices and services continuously better in a rapidly changing world. Red Bend is the only company that provides standards-based products and solutions for software management, device management and mobile virtualization that work on any mobile phone and connected device uniformly, efficiently and securely over the air. Red Bend enables its customers to stay competitive in a fast-moving market by helping them deliver high-value services on an increasing number of connected devices with growing software complexity. More than 80 leading device manufacturers, mobile operators, semiconductor vendors and automotive companies worldwide trust Red Bend with their most important assets — the mobile and connected devices their consumers depend on.